The CharityExplore other grants
Grants of up to £5,000 can be awarded to UK registered charities
- Supporting ending social exclusion for elderly people
- Working towards “Ending Loneliness in Old Age”
Recently Funded Charities
Claremont is an award-winning charity that delivers an aspirational and creative programme of opportunities for marginalised older people experiencing loneliness and poor mental health. Its programme includes a schedule of thirty-six weekly classes ranging from art therapy, psychotherapy groups and one-to-one psychotherapy, to crafts, tai chi, dance, keep fit, and creative writing. We all want to feel that we matter and that we're not objects or statistics. Claremont offers a friendly community, which strives for real community and real friendships supporting older people who are experiencing all kinds of difficulties to join it, to make friends, strengthen their connections, and feel better about themselves.
The Grocers' Charity award funded the setup and launch of five new male-oriented activities: a chicken-keeping project, vinyl record club, darts club, men's only fitness, and a men's rock choir.
- The Cedarwood Trust is a Community-led charity providing a range of activities and resources to support local people to take action in tackling the inequalities that lead to poverty and economic deprivation.
- Link Age Southwark is a vibrant volunteering charity with an impressive track record of supporting older people to thrive in later life and maintain their independence.
- St Hilda’s, as well as helping meet specific needs of different groups, aims to foster greater contact and interaction among a local community marked by social division.