ONE-OFF GRANTS TO CHARITIES
The Grocers’ Charity typically provides one-off grants up to £5,000 for U.K. registered charities working in the areas outlined below. Please follow the links to read the specific criteria for each. Read the information below for funding exclusions and the two-stage application process including submission deadlines.
Applications will NOT be considered from:
- Places of worship;
- Educational establishments (schools, colleges, universities);
- Charities whose beneficiaries are overseas;
- Non-UK registered charities (not regulated by the Charity Commission);
- Charities with a turnover of over £500,000, except for Health/Medical Charities (up to £15m turnover).
Deadlines for an initial enquiry:
10 September (if invited, 2nd stage application decisions are in December)
14 November (if invited, 2nd stage application decisions are in March)
10 January (if invited, 2nd stage application decisions are in April)
9 March (if invited, 2nd stage application decisions are in June)
- Select the grant funding area above that you are interested in to check your eligibility and to send a short expression of interest.
- One to three weeks after the deadline, you will receive an email letting you know if your initial application will proceed to the second stage.
- If you move on to the second stage, you will be sent a link to fill in an online form; you will have one week to complete it. You will need to tell us: your most recent financial information; the Trustees and their professions; the anticipated outcomes and how the activity will be evaluated; a breakdown of the costs involved.
Charities working within prisons or with ex-offenders can apply to the City and Metropolitan Welfare Charity for support.
We only accept applications through our online form. Please do not send unsolicited information by post. If you are unable to use an online form due to an impairment please contact us before sending information by post.