How to Apply
1. Select the memorial grant funding area you are interested in to check your eligibility and to send a short expression of interest.
2. Shortly after the deadline, you will receive an email letting you know if your Initial application will proceed to the Second Stage.
3. If you move on to the second stage, you will be sent a link to fill in our online form. You will need to tell us: your most recent financial information; the purpose of the organisation; what need you identified and how the project addresses it; a detailed description of the project and the activities that will take place; the anticipated outcomes and the methods by which the success of the project will be evaluated; a full breakdown of the costs involved.
Deadlines for an initial enquiry are 10 September, 28 November, 15 January and 9 April.
Trustees meet four times a year in December, March, April and July.
Applications will NOT be considered from:
- Places of worship;
- Educational establishments (schools, colleges, universities);
- Charities whose beneficiaries are overseas;
- Non UK registered charities;
- Charities with a turnover of over £500,000, except for Medical Charities.
Charities working within prisons or with ex-offenders can apply to the City and Metropolitan Welfare Charity for support.
All grants are subject to approval by the Trustees which reserves the right to award grants outside these criteria.