COVID-19 Funder Statement: Along with many other funders, The Grocers’ Charity want to offer reassurance that we stand with the sector during this time. If you receive grant funding from us, we understand you may need to adapt your activities. We are here if you want to talk, at the right time for you.
The Grocers’ Company has a long tradition of charitable giving and philanthropy
Philanthropy connects the Grocers’ past, present and future commitment to its historical ethos found in early ordinances ‘to be a nursery of charities and a seminary of good citizens’.
As a grant-awarding body, our mission is to invest in and support a broad range of UK registered charities which together make a demonstrable positive impact on public benefit.
We support long-term bursaries and in-kind commitments to educational institutions to help students who benefit from financial assistance, and we support the preservation of historic churches. For our open grants, we support charities that improve the quality of life for people and communities. We fund core costs and new or existing projects or programmes. The areas we fund are:
- Children and Young People
- Disability and Inclusion
- Environment and Conservation
- Relief of Poverty (Hardship)
- The Arts
- To engage with a wide range of charities supporting a diverse range of challenging circumstances
- Open dialogue with other funders, researchers and the charity sector
- Keeping an open policy to remain flexible responding to the most pressing needs
- Partnering with other funders and individuals to contribute to longer-term social investment
- Committed to continuous improvement by reducing the environmental impact of our investments and operations
The Grocers’ Charity is a member of the ACF (Association of Charitable Foundations). The Charity Manager is a Trustee of ACF.
The Grocers’ Charity is registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales with number 255230. The Grocers’ Charity is administered by The Grocers’ Trust Company Limited with the Company number 00928562.